Upcoming Event:February 22, 2017
– Athabasca U presentation–Wolverines: Ghost of the Northern Forest presentation with wildlife cinematographer Andrew Manske in Athabasca University Governing Council Chambers at 7 PM. Come meet the filmmaker Andrew Manske. http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/wolverine-ghost-of-the-northern-forest
The Crooked Creek Conservancy Society of Athabasca is a regional land trust promoting a sustainable future for the Athabasca region of Alberta. This future requires having enough undamaged or recoverable natural areas to sustain long term economic and social well-being. That in turn requires a community that knows and enjoys nature enough to protect it. We hope this website is useful in providing information for knowing, enjoying and, perhaps, conserving this area so rich in forest, waters, and species.
- The “About Us” and “Activities” pages give an idea of who we are and what we do.
- The “Events” page lists news, events, and anything else relevant to living with nature or to the Athabasca area.
- The “Resources” page lists documents and links about conserving or sustainably managing private lands with natural or agricultural assets.
- The “Tools” page lists apps, field guides, and so on that contribute to understanding and enjoying the world out the door.
- And of course there is the “Contact” page for doing just that.