Check out this wonderful opportunity for young birders to increase their skills in a weeklong program this summer at
Beaverhill Bird Observatory
The Beaverhill Bird Observatory’s Geoff Holroyd Young Ornithologists’ Workshop is a week-long workshop to provide teenagers interested in birds with a practical, working knowledge and aesthetic appreciation of birds and their conservation. The Workshop will run from Sunday, July 30 to Saturday, August 5, 2017. Up to 8 participants, ages 15-18 years, will be selected. They will be provided with the opportunity to learn bird banding and identification skills from experienced ornithologists at our field research station east of Tofield, Alberta. While applicants do not have to be top notch birders, they have to share a keen interest in birds and conservation.
|Science Outreach Athabasca:|
Upcoming Science Outreach Events
- May 27, 2017 – A Nature Walk to the Secret Pond at Amisk Lake with Albert and Pirkko Karvonen. Registration is limited. Pre-register by May 23… Contact Linda at email@example.com Meet at 10 AM at the gate. For directions, see the Karvonen 2 site for the nature walk. Bring your own water and a snack. Dress for the weather!! This will be about a 7 km walk.
- June 3, 2017 – A Nature Walk to the Along the Lakeshore at Amisk Lake ending at the Leppanen cabin with Albert and Pirkko Karvonen. Registration is limited. Pre-register by May 30… Contact Linda contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meet at 10 AM at the gate. For directions, see the Karvonen 2 site for the nature walk. Bring your own water and a snack. Dress for the weather! This will be about a 3 km walk.
- July 15, 2017 – Athabasca Butterfly Count with Robert Holmberg and Wayne Brehaut from 12:30 PM to 4 PM or whenever you need to leave at Muskeg Creek Chalet. Bring your own water and a snack. Dress for the weather!
- July 29, 2017 – Mushroom Event at Muskeg Creek with Dr. Roland Treu. Meet at 10:30 AM at the Muskeg Creek Chalet for a nature walk along the Muskeg Creek Trails ending with a show and tell at the end at the Muskeg Creek Chalet at 2 PM. Bring your mushrooms for identification at the end of the session if you are unable to attend the nature walk inside the Muskeg Creek Chalet at 2 PM.
- September 15 to 17, 2017 – Night Sky and Photography for Rotary Youth Adventures Program Attendance by pre-registering with Mavis Jacobs at 780-675-7118, email@example.com or Andrew Woudstra at 780-213-0064, Rotary Club of Athabasca.